49 Clonmel Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0ST
2 bed Flat (kitchen, Living room, bathroom& communal garden)
Lovely quiet residential area, 5 minutes’ walk to Fullwell station, 5 mins walk to cafes and supermarkets.
To meet the criteria for the scheme referrals should be:
• Have lived in Greater London for at least 5 years
• In a condition of need, hardship and distress
• Applicants will be considered by a panel who will assess affordability, support needs and applicant may be required to provide proof of suitability
St Marylebone Almshouses has been providing comfortable and well-maintained accommodation in the centre of St John’s Wood, for persons in need, for some 200 years. Our residents live in a convivial community in beautiful surroundings.
Residents occupy their accommodation as beneficiaries of the charity. They are not tenants and do not have security of tenure.
We currently have two, one bedroom flats available for SINGLE occupancy only. One of the flats is on the first floor, accessed by fifteen steps, and no lifts are available.
In order to be considered for accommodation, applicants must:
- have reached retirement age;
- have lived or carried on business, or been employed in the City of Westminster for not less than 10 years ( or those conditions applied to their deceased spouse or civil partner);
- otherwise, be unable to afford to live in the City of Westminster.
Other important requirements are that applicants must:
- be capable of living independently;
- be of limited financial means (both income and capital).
The application process includes the agreement to both medical and financial checks being carried out.
For further information, or to make an application or recommend an applicant, please contact:
Angela Griffiths, Clerk to the Trustees
One of our eight almshouses is vacant and another is expected to become vacant later this year.
Please see our website for pictures and more detail. Hibbertalms.org.uk
We welcome applications from those who are 60 or older, who are in financial need, and who live or
have lived in South London.
Preference is given to women and applicants need to be able to live
If you would like to apply you can contact us on 020 7622 4469 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortly available, a first floor unfurnished, one bedroom flat, with separate lounge, recently modernised kitchen with fridge freezer, washing machine, and electric cooker. W/C, bathroom with a walk in shower.
Set in a rural location, with communal gardens, in 2 blocks of four flats, near Winkfield St Mary’s Church. On the site is Popels Hall dating back to 1862 which is currently used by a pre-school during term time, with 2 let cottages attached one at each end . Parking is available.
- Retired single elderly women of good character, but with limited financial means.
- Previously living in or around the parish or having a local family connection.
As we do not provide a warden, residents are expected to live independently, but there is a 24 hour emergency telephone / pendant link system attached to all flats.
No pets allowed.
Residents are appointed by the Trustees as beneficiaries and pay a weekly maintenance contribution instead of rent. To be £82pw from April 2023. The charity pays the gas (for heating and hot water) and water bills for each property. Residents pay Electricity, Council Tax and Phone bills.
Melanie Robertson 07522 306988
Or email email@example.com
Soroptimist (London) Housing Association based in Wandsworth, London, will have some studio/flats available in the next few months. They will be available in the Putney area of London. The studio comprises of one room plus a small kitchen with cooker + fridge/freezer and a shower room, parking on the street (with a council residents’ parking permit), the use of secluded communal gardens and a communal laundry room.
We are a small organisation that offers accommodation only to single women aged 50 + years.
The criteria for joining is as follows:
- You must be able to live independently.
- Have limited financial means.
- Have no pets.
While most residents will be retired, the organisation recognises that some residents may need to work full or part time.
If you are interested please contact:
The Housing Officer,
Soroptimist (London) Housing Association Ltd.,
5 Genoa Ave.
London SW15 6DY.
A selection of unfurnished single storey 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom flats are available.
The unfurnished flats comprise a lounge, kitchen, bathroom and one or two bedrooms. Residents are responsible for their own utility and council tax bills as well as the internal decoration of properties. All our properties benefit from gas central heating, mains water and electricity supply. No pets are allowed. Limited parking is available.
The Aberford Almshouses Trust welcomes applications from retired people who are in need and who are living, or have previously lived, within the local area. Applicants must be able to live independently.
All applications will be considered by the Trustees with properties being offered first to the applicant deemed to be in the greatest need.
The application process will be as follows:
· Viewings will be by appointment only
· Application forms to be submitted to the Clerk of the Charity
· Applicants will then be interviewed by Trustees
· All applications will be considered by Trustees
· Properties will be offered first to the most appropriate applicant.
For further details please call or email the Clerk on 0773 801 3372 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A selection of one-bedroom flats in a 5-storey purpose-built block, completed in 2016, set in attractive grounds at the top of Sydenham Hill.
Support staff comprise: Resident Scheme Manager, resident Deputy Scheme Manager, Premises Manager and House-keeping team.
- Over 60
- In financial and housing need
- From a London Borough
- Able to live independently
To request an information booklet please call 0208 670 4504
This is an open plan fully disabled adapted flat suitable for wheelchair user.
Adapted kitchen with lowered work surfaces. Level access wet room. Wider doorways.
- Over 60.
- In financial and housing need.
- From a London Borough.
- Able to live independently supported by an external care package if required.
To request an information booklet please call 02086704504
Two single storey and one double storey recently refurbished single or double occupancy almshouses in Henley-on-Thames are now available. The almshouses have one/two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, downstairs cloakroom, reception room. White goods supplied otherwise unfurnished.
- Single or co-habiting persons of good character with limited means who can prove they have need of an almshouse
- Capable of independent living
- Currently reside within the area of benefit namely the town boundary of Henley-on-Thames and the ecclesiastical boundaries of the parishes of Rotherfield Greys and Bix for a minimum period of five years
- No pets
- Limited parking in one location
- Residents are appointed by the Trustees as beneficiaries and pay a weekly maintenance contribution instead of rent.
Applicants should apply to the address below in writing giving background details and if the initial criteria is met an application form will be sent. Closing date for applications: Friday 24 March 2023
Wendy Bowsher, Clerk to the Trustees
email@example.com 01491 412360
Wimbledon Almshouses SW19 4UN
A recently refurbished one bedroom flat with separate bathroom and kitchen. Part of a community of 26, with access to communal lounge and garden. Close to Wimbledon Common and Village.
- One bedroom flat in two storey building.
- Quiet position near Wimbledon Common and Village
- Sitting Room
- Bathroom with shower
- Fitted kitchen with oven, hob, and fridge/freezer. Space for washing machine.
- Community room, laundry room and well-maintained communal gardens
- Heating supplied, electricity the responsibility of the resident
- Singles or couples capable of independent living
- Over 60 years of age
- Have a strong connection to the former borough of Wimbledon (now part of Merton)
- Be of limited means
Current weekly maintenance charge, £120pw
The charity does not permit residents to keep pets.
To request an application form e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to
Wimbledon Endowed Almshouse Charity
60 Camp Road
London SW19 4UN